Flu Vaccinations 2021
This winter, the flu vaccination is more important than ever as we prepare for the potential risks of both flu and COVID-19.
We have now been informed that our flu will be arriving the week of the 20 September.
We can confirm two Flu clinics, these will be held on Saturdays:
- 25 September 2021
- 9 October 2021
Please do not call us to book, we will be sending invites to our patients via letter.
Our Practice will be delivering the Phase 3 covid vaccination programme but currently we still do not know the guidance on when we can offer this booster. As soon as we know, we will let you know.
Flu & Pneumococcal Immunisation
Does Age Affect The Risk Of Flu?
Yes. If you are aged 65 years or over or you are at higher risk.
Who Is At Risk?
- If you are aged 65 years or over or if you are on regular inhaled steroids
- If you have a chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
- If you have chronic heart disease
- If you have chronic renal disease
- If you are diabetic
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you live in a long-stay residential or nursing home
- If you have a chronic liver disease
- If you are a carer
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please phone the surgery during September to make an appointment if the above applies to you.